Monday, December 15, 2008

Chasing my tail

I think I may have biten off more than I can chew this festive season. I seem to be losing my mind and also questioning whether I indeed had one in the first place.

Why is it that I can never say NO to people. I feel like i'm constantly trying to please and it's driving me crazy, yet I can't do anything about it.

We've been so busy this past week with lots of Christmas gatherings, end of year parties and functions to attend. It's been wonderful but I feel like i'm chasing my tail. My house is in complete disarray which is not only driving me insane but I fear my husband as well. I feel like i've got so much to do and not so much time to do it all in.

And to top things off we fly out to Melbourne on Friday morning for the weekend as our good friends are getting married on Saturday out at the Mitchelton Winery. I'm really looking forward to it because the break will be nice but I'm not looking forward to leaving Cooper behind. He's staying with his grandparents for the weekend and i'm getting super anxious about being away from him for that long. We've only never spent 24 hours apart since he's been born and so three whole nights away from my baby boy is going to be hard to say the least. I'm hoping the copious amounts of Yarra Valley wine will be enough to take my mind off not having him with us. Blake will be getting lots of expressed milk this weekend.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Try to keep it simple Beck!

Sharing the day with family and friends is the most important thing.

Have a great time away! Cooper will be fine, and just think how peaceful the plane ride will be just with Blake!!

How lovely to have the wedding at the winery. Grease up the breastpump ready for it's workout!